Notices
Scion xD Owner's Lounge
2008-2010 [ZSP110]

2008 XD Seat Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 02:31 PM

Default 2008 XD Seat Vibration

Hi All - was wondering if any of you have experienced the following and if so how did you resolve?

I bought a 2008 XD last Saturday (traded in my 5 spd Xa). It's an automatic (I drive 70+ miles to work each day) w/ 16" stock allow wheels. I h ave noticed as I am driving over 40 mph the front passenger seat vibrates A LOT. It's rather annoying. My Xa did not vibrate at all. To me the XD feel more sturdy than my AX, that's why I was so suprised that I am having a problem already. Also, I took it to a local dealership (not the one I bought it from) near my work and they basically told me "low end car equals low end performance". Nice, huh?

Please let me know your thoughts....I hope I'm not going to regret trading in my XA.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: 2008 XD Seat Vibration

Originally Posted by sdxd
Also, I took it to a local dealership (not the one I bought it from) near my work and they basically told me "low end car equals low end performance". Nice, huh?
I'm sorry to hear they took that attitude. I haven't noticed any seat vibration at all. I haven't had a single problem with my xD.

I would take it back to the dealer you bought it from and explain the issue. I hope they will take you seriously because that shouldn't be happening.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Totally take it back to the dealer and tell them the problem. Also I would possibly call Scion Corp. and tell them about the horrible attitude that other dealership gave you over the problem.

Where in the OC are you?
Old 07-05-2008, 06:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would have told them "and a low end kick to your nuts will leave you on a low end of your knees." :p

Do what Chels says, report them and head back to your dealer.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:15 AM

Ya, the dealership I took it to was totally not interested in helping me out. I will definately take it back to Toyota of Orange where I bought it. I hope they have a better attiude.

We put some miles on it this weekend when we went out of town. If you are sitting in the passinger seat while on the freeway, it's like sitting in a cheap vibrating chair.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yikes I'm sorry to hear you're having that problem! What did your dealer say? Was it just something in the seat that was loose? I would do what Chels said and call Scion to tell them about the attitude at the other dealership. Write a letter too: 1 to corporate, 1 to the dealership sales manager and 1 to the general manager. CC them all so the dealership knows you went to the corporate office. :evil laugh:
Old 07-15-2008, 11:07 AM
SL Member

If you're getting a vibration in both seats, then I would first suspect a driveline problem. Most likely a tire or tires out of balance, a rim thats not uite right (it happens), then on to the engine/transmission.

As for the attitude of the service department, I'd do as stated above.

Write:

1) Toyota/Scion-Corporate
2) E-mail with request reciept.
3) CC the GM/SM of the dealershiop that gave you the problem along with the dealership where you bought it.

Then call the dealership that gave you the problem and ask to speak with either the GM or the Service Manager. This moron has a boss. Go up the food chain until you find something that's edible

Low end my ****!

Since you stated you just traded, I'm assuming it's under warranty? Any dealership is obligated to honor your warranty!!

Just because you didn't buy a Lexis, is no reason not to treat you like crap

You bought a car...Period! Increased thier sales volume by 1, and paid some salespersons commission and the GM's salary. The warranty is part of the deal and I would expect to be treated like any other customer regardless of the $$ spent!

Standard warranties are a gamble on the part of Toyota. They hope you don't need them and sometimes get screwed if you do. They're not "free", they're buiilt into the price of the unit.
Extended warranties are a gamble on the part of the dealership.

Again, they charge you $$ for something they hope they'll never have to honor. Sometimes they win, sometimes they lose.

BTW, shop around before buying an extended warranty from a dealership. In some cases, you can purchase the exact same warranty from your credit union or banks buyer service for less $$$.

My dealership here tried to sell me GAP insurance for a "mere" $695.00. Of course we can add this "tight into the monthly payment for your convenience"

Called my insurance company (Amica)....$6.00/year.....

Even with the deductible ($500.00), if I waited the full term of the loan and crashed it (not at fault) on the last day....I'd still come out over $100.00 better with Amica

If it were my fault? I'd just walk away from it and leave the keys in whats left of the seat
Old 07-15-2008, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

FYI, the sales manager has nothing to do with getting the issue taken care of. The sole problem probably lies with a service writer...in the service department. Go right to the manager of the service department, not the sales manager.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:01 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by tmrepp
FYI, the sales manager has nothing to do with getting the issue taken care of. The sole problem probably lies with a service writer...in the service department. Go right to the manager of the service department, not the sales manager.
Check the post again. Never mentioned the "sales Manager." I said the SM...

3) CC the GM/SM of the dealershiop that gave you the problem along with the dealership where you bought it.

Then call the dealership that gave you the problem and ask to speak with either the GM or the Service Manager.
SM=Service Manager.

Sorry you took it the wrong way.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

AH didn't think service manager.. posting after work ftw! haha my bad sorry!
Old 07-17-2008, 10:49 AM
SL Member

No problem. I know the feeling!