Notices
Scion xD Owner's Lounge
2008-2010 [ZSP110]

Acorns in ventilation system

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 01:58 AM

Default Acorns in ventilation system

Chipmunks apparently thought my ventilation system would be a good place to store some food for the winter. When I turned the **** to change the air circulation I heard then rattling around and they fell down into a different area. Now they rattle around when I use the fan and turn corners. Does anyone know how to access that area so my husband can remove them?
I've been reading about the cabin air filter, which is something we'll need to get now that we actually know we need one, so I was wondering if that's the way to reach the area we need.
Thanks for any help!
Old 10-21-2010, 04:32 PM

Problem solved, we removed the glove box and were able to clean them out. Now we need to figure out how to block the chipmunk from getting in there again and I guess I'll get a filter to put in there now that I know I need one. Scion dealers really need to let people know about that. We live in the country on a dirt road and I'm sure all kinds of crap has come through there.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so right about the feature being listed.

but at least its a feature thats there and not told about than a feature that isnt there at all.

Originally Posted by cheshire
Problem solved, we removed the glove box and were able to clean them out. Now we need to figure out how to block the chipmunk from getting in there again and I guess I'll get a filter to put in there now that I know I need one. Scion dealers really need to let people know about that. We live in the country on a dirt road and I'm sure all kinds of crap has come through there.