Scion xD Owner's Lounge
2008-2010 [ZSP110]

After owning the xD for one year...

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool After owning the xD for one year...

It's been a year already in my 2009 xD. I bought this car because I needed a backseat and some room to carry things since my other car has only two seats and is far from practical for everyday use.
I find myself driving the xD more than I thought and enjoying it even more than the vette !! Seriously... nowadays.. it's not easy to drive fast or play around on public roads.. Just too much traffic and people talking on the phone instead of driving.. Cops are everywhere trying to give speeding tickets so they can help finance local government.
When I drive the vette.. I actually drive it slower than the xD because it's such a target for cops and morons who think they can outrun it..
I can't put my foot in it for more than a second or two without the fear of being hauled off to jail for some extreme traffic ticket. With the scion, I can have fun winding out the engine and zip along in traffic without the fear of losing my license. It's quick enough to be fun, handles well and is different enough that I don't feel like I'm driving an appliance..
What really makes it fun is the weight.. or lack of it.. It feels agile and swift because it's so lightweight.. makes it tossable with good reflexes..
Of course it's a bit noisy and bouncy and steering feedback is lacking.. but overall.. it's a great car to zip around in and still have fun..
I recently replaced the tires on the vette.. the OEM set was toast after
11k miles.. I have the Z51 option which is setup aggressively for handling at the expense of rapid tire wear.. It's $1700 for 4 tires !!!
The xD is on the original set at 37k miles and still has several thousand miles to go.. At a little over $100 each.. I'm not sweating the replacement costs..
I have a buyer for the vette.. I think I am going to let it go.. I had my fun with it.. but chose the xD over it..
Just thought I would share another perspective on owning and driving the xd..
Old 06-25-2011, 06:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There is a review on a scion xd with a few small upgrades. Exhaust tires nd spring. He also talks about how fun it is. Its not a powerhouse but it feels like one and not having to worry about getn a ticket.. makes u apreciate the xd even more. Its on youtube. Its a silver one nd good post!
Old 06-25-2011, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xD_kidd91
There is a review on a scion xd with a few small upgrades. Exhaust tires nd spring. He also talks about how fun it is. Its not a powerhouse but it feels like one and not having to worry about getn a ticket.. makes u apreciate the xd even more. Its on youtube. Its a silver one nd good post!
Thanks... Tires alone should make a nice difference..
The moral of the story:
It's more fun to drive a slow car fast, then a fast car slow..
Old 06-26-2011, 02:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I also use my xD as a DD and I know what you mean about keeping the morons trying to race you away. I also have a 350z and a cobalt ss and every ricer in america tends to follow me every time I have one of those cars out on the road. The xD is such a nice change of pace. I can actually drive and get to my destination w/o worrying about being bothered...although I did get rev'd on the other day by a civic hatch lol.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

true stuff.. ii wldnt say ii drove a corvette but ii had a volvo s60 turbo pushin alil over 300 nd loved the spooling nd what not. But ii like pushing this lil go cart ... ii get more excited pushing it .. ii guess cause many ppl under estimated it ... well they did ;) lol
Old 06-27-2011, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's a meh car for me. It does the job but it is pretty boring to drive. Also their is no way in hell I would ever experience more pleasure driving an xD over a C6 Vette
Old 06-27-2011, 11:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CXTKRS1
It's a meh car for me. It does the job but it is pretty boring to drive. Also their is no way in hell I would ever experience more pleasure driving an xD over a C6 Vette
lol.. I can see how thats hard to believe.. but this is my 4th corvette in 12 years.. Two of them were Z06's.. I don't track mine anymore, traffic here sucks, gas prices, tires, no back seat..
I can park the xD anywhere without worry.. I scrape my driveway and speed bumps all the time.. in the vette.. I will miss it.. but real world driving is alot less hassle in a "normal" car.. Sometimes less is more..
My son just bought a BMW 335i.. So now I have his M3 parked in my garage.. So I have options when I get bored.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

found it

Old 06-28-2011, 08:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL, i've burned 6 cylinder cars off the line with my xD. Made them look like idiots. (of course, knowing how to shift helps, too, all in the timing!)
Old 06-28-2011, 10:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Xd gots torque. Ii can list the name of cars I've smoked... nd our cars are in the bottom of the car chain ... everyone thought that my car was a joke... now ppl jst compliment it lol
Old 06-29-2011, 08:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JJGeneral1
LOL, i've burned 6 cylinder cars off the line with my xD. Made them look like idiots.
LOL
I am positive both of you looked like idiots.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hobojon
LOL
lol!

These cars really don't have much torque, though... my last car only had a 1.9 liter engine and had just under 200 pounds of torque... and max torque started at 1,900 RPMs.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL
Soo uncalled for smh...

And everyone gots their opinion. I say based on we gots the low end power. Were basically like a 1zz.. 2az gots the topper end power.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Soo uncalled for smh...

And everyone gots their opinion. I say based on we gots the low end power. Were basically like a 1zz.. 2az gots the topper end power.
we gots low end power is all relative.. it's an OHC 1.8L engine.. it only has so much to give.. lol.. The vvti system is supposed to provide an ideal cam profile for low and high rpm's. but the little engine that could is displacement challenged.. It's way better in low end power than the 1.5L was in my 05 xB.. but out of the hole racing is not the xD's strong point..
Old 06-30-2011, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh yea ii kno its not meant for racing. But for what it is... ii wld say its pretty quick in its class lol
Old 06-30-2011, 03:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikem53
lol.. I can see how thats hard to believe.. but this is my 4th corvette in 12 years.. Two of them were Z06's.. I don't track mine anymore, traffic here sucks, gas prices, tires, no back seat..
I can park the xD anywhere without worry.. I scrape my driveway and speed bumps all the time.. in the vette.. I will miss it.. but real world driving is alot less hassle in a "normal" car.. Sometimes less is more..
My son just bought a BMW 335i.. So now I have his M3 parked in my garage.. So I have options when I get bored.
I guess it depends on the person, I use to know someone that DDed a first gen Viper which is something I would not even do lol.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL
I'd be damn the troll made a funny.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL

Again with the negative post. When have you ever posted something positive?

I think there's a lonely bridge somewhere you can hide under...
Old 07-01-2011, 04:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote=JJGeneral1;3868003]Again with the negative post. When have you ever posted something positive?[/ quote]

You mean like this?:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=201868

I'll PM you next time I see a Scion Hot Wheels car at Walmart that is the same color as yours, or maybe a new bobblehead to put on your dash.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh yea ii kno its not meant for racing. But for what it is... ii wld say its pretty quick in its class lol
Car and Driver squeezed a 7.9 sec to 60 run with an automatic xD.. not too bad for what it is.. but it does feel capable in real world driving..
I don't mind.. it's fun to wrap it out in the low gears and hear it howl...

Quick Reply: After owning the xD for one year...