Scion xD Owner's Lounge
2008-2010 [ZSP110]

availability issues?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 05:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default availability issues?

my local dealer just told me they were only getting 2 xD's! A red and a white one...
do people think this is just a temporary "hard to come by" issue because they are so new? or is this car going to be a pain in the a** to get?
Old 07-18-2007, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

If you have the money - you'll get the car. Might take some waiting, though. All of the dealers in the South East are getting one. In automatic. Awesome.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

It mainly depends on the size of the dealership and their sales. Each dealership will be receiving a different amount compared to the next. Availability will be tight for the first 2 months, only due to the fact that Scion is releasing these late in the summer where the hype on these have been around since beginning of the year. If you are serious about buying one, I would highly suggest placing a deposit with your dealer of choice instead of waiting for one to come in and seeing how it drives.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

I have "pre-orders" at 6 dealerships around ATL and one in NC. Nobody asked for a deposit yet. Rumors are that all SET dealers are getting one xD in auto on the first allocation - so I'm out on that one. I kinda expected that a manual will be a witch to find, so I'm ready to wait a little. Hopefully not until the end of August, since my ad valorem on the Z is due and I don't want to pay it on a car that I will drive for 3 days.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:06 AM
SL Member

The one I put a deposit on is black and in standard, the dealer definitely told me that it was the only one they were getting on the first batch...
Old 07-19-2007, 02:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Allocation came out today in the SE. The first one for all dealers, as stated is auto, however there are a whopping 82 sticks available in the SE. Odds are, not all of those 7 dealers are complete douches, so you should be able to get your stick.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Originally Posted by scionofPCFL
Allocation came out today in the SE. The first one for all dealers, as stated is auto, however there are a whopping 82 sticks available in the SE. Odds are, not all of those 7 dealers are complete douches, so you should be able to get your stick.
Thank you for the heads up. I just got off the phone - one of the TN dealers about an hour away from ATL can do a port trade to get a silver manual on the lot in about 3 weeks. $270 doc fee, which these days is almost reasonable. I guess it's an afternoon trip up I-75 for me soon.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How are they going to do a port trade with a dealer on a completely different distributor network? TN is not apart of the SET region.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

They are not trading with an SET dealer - it's all within TN. Honestly I'm glad to not be giving money to SET - no offense, but I'm definitely not an SET fan.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok, that's cool....just making sure that you weren't being duped by some unscrupulous snake oil dealers.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy

First allocation was very small. About one per dealership actually. The second allocation we received had a couple more. I currently have a total of 4 allocated. 2 are sold.

As with all Scions it may take some time to get exactly the one you want, but it should be easier to get than an xA was.

-Alex
Old 07-22-2007, 09:06 PM

do all Toyota dealerships get their allocation lists at the same time.

I'm located in Charleston, South Carolina, called my local Toyota dealerships and the people I reached didn't seem to know anything about allocation lists. They kept trying to get me to come down and buy a new xB...

Maybe they are called something else?

Should I be talking to someone specific at each location like a manager?

how much money should I put down initially to make sure I get a manual xD?
Old 07-22-2007, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Everybody at SET (including SC) should know when their xDs are coming in. First allocation is one xD per lot in auto, should show up either next Friday, or some time soon after. Following allocation is expected to be on the lots second week of August. Keep bugging them, cover as many dealers as possible - some places I called had no idea what xD was at all.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They kept trying to get me to come down and buy a new xB...
I wonder when these old school dino dealers are going to realize that this crap just doesn't cut it anymore?
Maybe they are called something else?
Negative Ghostrider.
Should I be talking to someone specific at each location like a manager?
Ya think? Ask for the Scion MGR/Champion. If they put in touch with a general sales person, hang up. do not reward thise dino dealers and their antiquated tactics by giving them your money.
how much money should I put down initially to make sure I get a manual xD?
Standard deposit is $500.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:37 PM

this is a bit annoying...

I called Gene Reed Toyota (here in good ol'Charleston) and they are dumbfounded about the xDs. They don't see them at all on their allocation lists.

I had one sales man talk to his general manager and his gm told him that they still don't know what they are getting (or when).

sucks
Old 07-23-2007, 07:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are you asking for the Scion manager?

And again: do not reward these people with your money. If they refuse to do business on the terms outlined in the Scion Covenant (one of those things is a dedicated Scion Champion) then don't do business with them. There are plenty of dealers in your area to pick from.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Went to the Dealer here in So Cal, they are recieving 7 xDs before Aug 5th. They have no idea on color, transmission or anything just the fact that they are recieving 5. I am seriously hoping for at least a couple of manuals to choose from, but upon discussion with a salesman, it seems as though it is unlikey they will get any manuals at least as far as the first shipment goes. Crossing my fingers (need the car before the 20th).
Bennyboy
Old 07-26-2007, 12:52 PM

I'm just eagerly awaiting one to actually test drive. From what I've seen of the xD is the car I want - but I need to actually DRIVE one to know. Maybe I won't get to buy the first one since I'm not willing to put down a deposit before driving one but that's fine.

Then again I seem to be a minority on this forum and actually WANT an automatic so maybe I'll be okay.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Hopefully they can keep them coming better than they did with the early 05' xBs. 6 weeks was pure heII.