Scion xD Owner's Lounge
2008-2010 [ZSP110]

Can dealer change quirky options?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 07:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Can dealer change quirky options?

Was on CafexD, and the topic of seat belt beep disabling came up. Apparently the dealer can alter several of these interior settings (seat belt beep, dimmer timing, etc). Can anyone shed any more light on this as far as what can be changed, and is this maybe associated with the auto door lock feature we were supposed to have had.......Dealers?
Old 01-25-2008, 01:10 AM
SL Member

also interested
Old 01-27-2008, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No one?
bump
Old 02-01-2008, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Can dealer change quirky options?

Originally Posted by jdgriswald
Was on CafexD, and the topic of seat belt beep disabling came up. Apparently the dealer can alter several of these interior settings (seat belt beep, dimmer timing, etc). Can anyone shed any more light on this as far as what can be changed, and is this maybe associated with the auto door lock feature we were supposed to have had.......Dealers?

Yes it can be done by the dealer, we have scan tools that allow us to shut of fthe beeping when you do not have your seat belt on.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Now say you got in an accident and this was disabled could the insurance hold it against you, and possibly not have to pay etc?
Old 02-01-2008, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Was more interested in the other options. Seat belt disabling is stupid, and if I were an insurer, and you were injured because of it then, yes it should be held against you.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jdgriswald
Was more interested in the other options. Seat belt disabling is stupid, and if I were an insurer, and you were injured because of it then, yes it should be held against you.

What are talking about?

When the beep is disabled for not having the seat belt buckled, it in no way disables 'any' active safety feature, ie. seat belts, etc....
This is mearly a reminding feature that Toyota and many other manufacturers have been putting on thier vehicles due to the fact that people just do not buckle up, the study behind it says seat belt non-usage is reduced 11-23% when a vehicle is equipped with this passive saftey feature.
As far as I am aware an insurance company cannot make this an issue as it is not required by federal law to have a seat belt warning chime, as the seat belt light is still illuminated when not buckled up, and is still in use.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:25 AM

I think the original poster was asking if anyone know of ALL the features the dealer can "adjust".

Is there an adjustment that will automatically lock the doors after you have driven a certain distance or amoiunt of time?

How about when you first open the door, it takes a few seconds until the interior light come on. This is if you did not have the door locked and used the remote to unlock the doors.

In my 4Runner, you can switch the ignition on and off a few times (can't remember exactly what it is) but then it goes into a program mode. WE can make the door locks lock after a certain distance or shut that feature off, so they do not automatically lock. There are some other adjustment on the 4Runner but I can't remember what they are right now.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Frankjake
I think the original poster was asking if anyone know of ALL the features the dealer can "adjust".
Glad someone was paying attention to the intent of the post. I understand they use the TIS techstream, https://www.tistechstream.com/default.aspx but don't know the software capabilities.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've heard it can be done, there is a previous post about this as well. Pretty sure the poster was able to get their dealer to turn off the beep(s). Believe they said it was free as well, never know if your dealer might try and charge you lol.

Have you used the search feature to find the other post?
Old 02-24-2008, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ChelsDS
Have you used the search feature to find the other post?
I've seen the other post. He was able to get it free because he had a friend who was a tech at the dealer. There were no other specifics as to other changeable options though.