2008-2010 [ZSP110]

Cancelling Extended Warranties

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 05:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Cancelling Extended Warranties

I'm thinking of selling or possibly trading in my xD. Just kinda getting tired of it. I dont even know what I'm looking for. I might stop this weekend at Motorworld, local dealership with like 10 different brands, just to see what's new. My xD barely has over 30k on it. Maybe 32k. I purchased the 6 year 60,000 mile extended warranty for it. If I get rid of the car, can I call up Scion and cancel that to get my money back? I did not have to use it at all yet. *knock on wood*
Old 03-10-2011, 11:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well supposably you are able to get your money back...my gf(xxnyangel10xx) has been trying to get her money back and the dealership is playing games with her. they are saying that she is not in the system but they did buy the car brand new from them. Another side note, her supposobly extended waranty company shut down??? and they cant find any information on her about the extended warranty. her and her mom are about to contact scion copr. and talk to them directly.

if you have all of your papers than more power to you. they unfortunately cant find the papers from the bill of sale, which sux bc they cant prove it. good luck and let us know what happends.

edit. she has an 07 tc
Old 03-10-2011, 01:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You should be able to get prorated as far as the cost of the warranty relative to the time left on the warranty.

I tried cancelling my extended warranty with Toyota for my 2010 tC and I just went to the dealership and they cancelled it there but I got a letter from Toyota saying that since there was a lien from the bank that I couldn't cancel; Weird...

If you are still making payments in theory you should be able to get prorated and the money will come off your balance rather than a refund check.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya it should. my gf's car was payed for at the dealership so there was no loan takin out to buy the car. so we dont know what to do about it. and her tc is an 07 and she never even touched the warranty bc she never needed to.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My car was paid off full in cash when I bought my car downside I misplaced my papers. The dealership I got my car at went under new ownership and apparently my name or car is no longer in the system and they are not willing to help me. I never used my extended warranty and i am able to get my money back on it so you honestly should not have a problem of getting money back if you have your papers. My warranty apparently the company shut down and I was on the phone with scion Corp and They were not of any help to me I'm honestly never going to get another scion or Toyota because of this they were extrmely rude on the phone and are being a bunch of bastards about the situation I just hope you don't run into what I did good luck!
Old 03-10-2011, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thankfully I do have the original bill of sale. If I trade the car in tho, i just would want a refund on the warranty. Don't want the price of the warranty applied to the loan as I wouldn't have the loan or the car anymore.

Edit: just spoke to the dealership where I bought my xD. They said if I trade it in the other dealership should give me a vehicle report with milage stated on it and I could bring that in as proof I no longer owned it. I could then get a pro rated check mailed to me. Probably what I'll end up doing if I trade it in. Hurry up weekend!
Old 03-10-2011, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

glad you had no problem with the deal. and the dealership sounded pretty reasonable to you,
Old 03-10-2011, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ya Really lmao I got stuck with _______s from the dealership and scion Corp *** ny lmao glad they were reasonable with you
Old 03-15-2011, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, its official. I've gone over to the enemy.

I enjoyed my xD but I get more for the same payment on the Soul. Plus I had a hell of a fun time haggling with the saleslady. The sales experience over all at the Kia dealership was the best I've ever had hands down. Well the 2nd Kia dealership anyway. The first one I went to was a joke but that's another story.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OMG, you're going with the death trap?

The lighting/wiring issues...

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...eering-probe/1

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...-Kia-Sorrento/

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2...-kia-soul.html

and the steering column failures?

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2010/08...max-results=20

http://www.insideline.com/kia/soul/2...-kia-soul.html

Old 03-15-2011, 09:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Gee I guess so. My car before the xD was a death trap too I guess then. It had a recall for a relay in the steering column as part of the ignition system. If you tried to crank the car for too long when it wouldn't start the relay would over heat and possibly catch the steering column on fire. Yikes! But hey I survived that one right?

Seriously tho. Those issues affected the 2010s. I have a 2011. Tho I will be keeping my eye on the steering column thing. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 03-16-2011, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sefi
Gee I guess so. My car before the xD was a death trap too I guess then. It had a recall for a relay in the steering column as part of the ignition system. If you tried to crank the car for too long when it wouldn't start the relay would over heat and possibly catch the steering column on fire. Yikes! But hey I survived that one right?

Seriously tho. Those issues affected the 2010s. I have a 2011. Tho I will be keeping my eye on the steering column thing. Thanks for the heads up!

guess this means i won't be installing LED's in your car... :-(
Old 03-16-2011, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I looked at the Soul, but after driving the rental version got another xB1 (used) instead. Did you get an upgraded interior? The rental was all hard, plastic, and grey, not too comfortable. Will cost a bit more than the Soul, but probably trading for a Juke this summer. Still a box, but factory turbo .
Old 03-16-2011, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

JJ, I had done LEDs myself where I wanted them, I think I had wanted you to smoke my tails. I'm too scared to use a spray can myself. And actually the back end is the one place I don't like better on the Soul. I just don't like the tail lights. Oh well. I won't be looking at the back end of it that often.

Veddereddie, yea I got the upgraded leather interior. It comes two tone beige and dark grey. Hard to describe but it works and looks and feels GOOD. Much better than the xD's interior tho the parts that are plastic are similar to the xD's.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just to put a close to this and a word of warning to others. It seems to be industry standard to pro rate the refund of cancelled extended warranties from the date of PURCHASE. Not the date they go into effect. So yea, even tho my xD was still under Scion's 3 yr/36,000 mile manufacturer's warranty and hadnt even TOUCHED the extended warranty, I only got 50% of my purchase price back. This was the answer from the 3rd party company my dealership used for the extended warranty and the answer from Scion Corporate/Scion's extended warranty department.

I'm bummed. Probably never gonna purchase one of these again.

Atleast my Kia Soul's manufacturer's warranty is 5 years/60,000 miles on most everything except the paint/radio/speakers and 10 yrs/100,000 powertrain. Nothing extra to buy there.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^True true, it's a prorated amount from date of purchase. I used that for down payment for my 09 tC. I wouldn't even recommend an extended warranty as there will be loopholes that the dealership will use to get out of it. Best thing to do is have money put to the side for any repairs, and I always say DIY if possible.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dropzone
^True true, it's a prorated amount from date of purchase. I used that for down payment for my 09 tC. I wouldn't even recommend an extended warranty as there will be loopholes that the dealership will use to get out of it. Best thing to do is have money put to the side for any repairs, and I always say DIY if possible.
+1
Old 04-15-2011, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ah well. Live and learn. Atleast its enough to get me a cat back exhaust and a CAI with some left over to play with.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok. How much was the extended warranty? I kno I have it but I dnt kno how much ii payed for it (damn that seems like ii dnt pay my car at all) long story short. Had 2jobs and school. Gave my parents down payment nd dey got me the xd .. what they didn't tell me was that they added the extra warrienties..
Old 04-15-2011, 05:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Who do ii go with to remove the warranty? Dealership or toyota financial?

Quick Reply: Cancelling Extended Warranties