Notices
Scion xD Owner's Lounge
2008-2010 [ZSP110]

Delivery time

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 01:02 PM

Default Delivery time

How long did you guys have to wait for your car on an average? I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago. Nothing too fancy -- just a magnetic gray with 5 speed manual and premium sound. At that time, the dealer told me that it would take 4 weeks to get it, because there was no car like that in the inventory in all of north east. They would have to order it with Toyota Japan and it would take that long.

To me, that sounds a little excessive - 4 weeks for getting a new car when car sales are down? Doesn't sound right. This dealer is supposed to have the biggest inventory in the New York tri-state area!

*Impatiently waiting...*
Old 09-29-2007, 01:05 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats about normal time frame some times longer but its well worth the wait!
Old 09-29-2007, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by duck_dodgers_24_5
thats about normal time frame some times longer but its well worth the wait!
Well that is reassuring that I'm not getting screwed over by the dealer. However, I'm planning to sell off my current car next week. The buyer doesn't want to wait any longer. Every day without a car is going to be a hassle. What a bummer.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:14 PM
SL Member

My wife waited two weeks for a car that was supposed to be in someone's inventory just 70 miles away. At that rate, it might be YEARS before you get one from Japan.

Seriously, it's worth the wait, even if it takes a little longer than you hope. We love her new car.
BTW, her choice was n. blue, but I like the magnetic grey just as much. It looks really classy in grey.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:12 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If it makes you feel better I ordered my car in mid to late august it is supposed to arrive at the end of November, apparently it is quite hard to get a manual with VSC.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:54 AM

I don't think the xD is going to get hard to get (then again maybe I am wrong-- I am starting to see others than mine plus I was told by my dealership they are starting sell them faster). You did the right thing by placing a deposit. Shows you are a serious buyer. I pre-ordered mine in mid July and ended up getting it in late August, plus I had stuff added to it. 4 wks sounds about right and I don't think you should have any issues if the stereo is all you are adding.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

OhioScions
SL Member

i got mine in two weeks
got it in black, manual
no other port installed upgrades.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

My experiences, since I'm on my third Scion ...

06 tC
bought 2005, took the car that was on the lot

07 tC
bought in 2006, waited around a month, maybe longer, because I was specific on my color and wanted the lip kit w/ m/t, nothing else

08 xD
bought this year, was very fortunate. I ordered base m/t, with shocks and springs, but I requested to do the install myself. The car was in within 2 weeks, but the shocks and springs were closer to 4 weeks.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:49 AM

Thanks guys, for all of your experiences. I'm just getting a little bit anxious now. I'm selling of the old car this weekend and then I have to use public transportation for work. 3.5 hours of commute every day will not be fun so I hope I won't have to do it for too long. The dealer did say that 4 weeks was maximum, so I hope it works out.

It just surprises me that it can be so hard getting a Toyota in such an urban area as North Jersey. Well.. I'll keep you updated. You'll surely hear me yelling with joy once I can get my paws on my own xD!
Old 10-06-2007, 12:53 AM

OK, so I heard from the dealer. He says that he has a VIN and that I'll get the car any day between 15 and the 19th, which is the 5th week of having ordered it. He'd said 4 weeks max earlier but I suppose this isn't too bad either. I hope I get it earlier in the week rather than later!
Old 10-06-2007, 01:03 AM
SL Member

You're a bigger optomist than me- based on the track record of some of these guys, I'd be hoping for 2007
Old 10-06-2007, 01:05 AM
SL Member

Looking back on my reply, I realize that wasn't very nice of me. I hope you see your new xD real soon.............:-)
Old 10-06-2007, 02:30 AM

i was at a dealer today in central MA, they had a red and a black sitting on the lot - have actually been there for a couple of weeks. I am surprised they haven't gone yet....
Old 10-06-2007, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what about renting a cheap car? you'd have your own transportation and shorter commute time...
Old 10-16-2007, 11:29 PM

OK, after much waiting and a week of extremely crazy commute, I finally got my Magnetic Gray xD last night. I had to go back to the dealer again today because they didn't put in the stereo! I'm still waiting for the floor mats. So far, I'm loving it! The car looks hot, and it is a huge difference from my old beat up Corolla that I got rid of finally. I'm not used to manual transmission, so it's a little hard driving right now, but once I get used to it, I'm sure it's going to be well worth the effort.

The premium sound system looks great too. There's lots of stuff to play with over there. I think the glossy look of the premium sound system goes well with the waterfall console.

Tomorrow will be the first day that she goes to work with me. Looking forward to that!

Oh, and this is the first xD I've seen in Jersey, so as far as I'm concerned, I'm the first person in Jersey to have an xD.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:24 PM
SL Member

I'm happy for you. If anything like me, you're gonna love this car.