2008-2010 [ZSP110]

I want an xD and have a question

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default I want an xD and have a question

Hey everyone, im a previous 1gen xB owner and im lookin to get an xD now. I have been pricing them and test drove a couple already and im pretty sure im gunna get one. Heres my question. What radio does a base model xD come with? All of the ones I have looked at have the pioneer touch screen one that is the $469 option. The dealers are telling me that this is the only one available for the D and if I dont get this radio then I do not get one at all. Can anyone comfirm this for me? I tried to tell him that is not correct but the mamnger says that i dont have any other choice but this one and I dont want to pay almost $500 for it.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

(If you're talking about a new one) All I see for the base is a Pioneer (non touchscreen) and then alpine is the upgrade/also upgradeable to nav. You should tell them that you're not paying for something you don't want! If they still won't budge you don't have to do business with them. Most Scion places can get you what you want including STANDARD FEATURES. If they say they can't, ask them to comp what you don't want!
Old 04-21-2010, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

unless i missed this, but there's just a basic stock cd player.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nateson
(If you're talking about a new one) All I see for the base is a Pioneer (non touchscreen) and then alpine is the upgrade/also upgradeable to nav. You should tell them that you're not paying for something you don't want! If they still won't budge you don't have to do business with them. Most Scion places can get you what you want including STANDARD FEATURES. If they say they can't, ask them to comp what you don't want!
+1
They're installing options to jack up the price. They make money on the over priced deal options and installation rate. If they won't sell it with the base Pioneer go somewhere else.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DriverXa
+1
They're installing options to jack up the price. They make money on the over priced deal options and installation rate. If they won't sell it with the base Pioneer go somewhere else.
agreed
Old 04-21-2010, 03:50 PM
SL Member

That's pretty ____ty of them to lie like that. Next thing they will tell you is you have to have the led illumination in the cabin
Old 04-21-2010, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok so I went to another dealer today and they said the same thing about the radio. I am trying to make sense of this all. Heres what I was told.

- xD comes from Japan with standard equipment.
- xD gets the touch screen Pioneer put in when it arrives at port.
- Customer has to pay for radio either way because dealer does not have the standard radio in their inventory

I find this to be complete bs because i am having to pay an extra $469 for a radio I do not want. I also asked if I could order one without the radio and was told no because they all get them at port so theres no way not to get it even if I order it how I want...WTF!
Old 04-21-2010, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that's really messed up.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by katchkillah
that's really messed up.
Agreed.

How stupid are those sales people by you? If that's the second stealership that told you you have to have a Pioneer touchscreen I'd be worried about doing business with either one since they have zero knowledge on the products they sell. And I just looked on the Scion website to build an xD....the factory Alpine touchscreen is a $449 option....not $469. Definitely keep looking for other dealerships. And if those are the only places you can go to, and you really want an xD, than I would seriously consider giving corporate a call and report them. They are in clear violation of their Scion franchise agreement. They are allowed to have demo vehicles to show off what can be done to them, and the options you can purchase.....but you are in no way forced to or have to buy any of those. They're suppose to stock and sell stripped down models.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oops sorry, I was mistaken. It is the Alpine one on the Scion website not a pioneer one. And yes they are charging $469 for that alpine one.

This one
http://www.scion.com/#xD_accessories...es_audioVisual

Last edited by torchedbox; 04-22-2010 at 01:33 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

where you located at? i have a few numbers at corporate that maybe you can get answers.

PM me.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok so I called Scion this morning and they actually confirmed what the dealers are saying. They said that Southeast Toyota gets their cars with all the same "standard" options when they get to port. This means that all of the xDs in the southeast are going to have this Alpine radio in them as soon as they get to America because this is the equipment they choose to put in all of them....