Notices
Scion xD Owner's Lounge
2008-2010 [ZSP110]

Me and My xD

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 01:36 AM

Default Me and My xD

Hello xD-ers! I just got my first brand new car. 2009 Scion xD Nautical Blue.I've had it for a week.
I fell in love w/ Scion's when my cousin brought home her tC in 2007. I wanted a tC so bad but it just wasnt a practical car for me. I really needed a 4 door, so when I started looking to trade in my 1997 Nissian Sentra I looked at Scions. Thats when I saw the xD. I knew about the xB but that wasnt for me either. I knew I wanted a blue tinted xD. I went to the closest dealership and altho they didnt have the one I wanted I saw a red one that would be ok. I test drove it and I was sold. The dealer jacked me around for a few days, told me that Toyota's financing offices were changing building and not processing loan apps fromFri-Mon, and then had the nerve to tell me to "Slow my roll" when I called to check on the status. I was so ____ed that someone who should be falling over ME to buy their car would be so rude. So I hung up and drove to another dealership, where they had the blue tinted xD I wanted and drove away w/ it the same night.
That was Monday and I left the lot w/ 225 miles today I have 650 from showing it off to friends and family. I get comments everywhere I go and I love the stares from the boys.

I am so happy to be a Scion owner and love this community.
Rhianna
Old 05-26-2009, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Welcome to the clan! Nice to see some more ladies in here.

Glad you found a decent dealer to work with!
Stick around and keep posting!
-Bender
Old 05-26-2009, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good job on the new xD!! And good job on giving the first rude dealer the wave goodbye!!

Me and the girlfriend had the same rude experience when she went to buy her Nautical xD. Except instead of saying that Toyota Financial wasn't processing loans, they pretty much steamrolled her into one. After 1 month with Toyota Financial, and their terrible customer service in the Philippines, she got a credit union loan and paid off Toyota. They coulda' cared less.

Don't worry, the first dealer will call you back, then it's your turn to get them back. Just let them know how terrible their customer service was, and you bought elsewhere. Hit 'em right in the pocketbook !!
Old 05-27-2009, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

welcome!!!!

glad you enjoy the ride. if that's how you feel, you'll fit right in here.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My brother bought a Honda Fit back in November or December. The first dealership really ____ed him off... first, the salesman didn't want to run his financial paperwork because he claimed that "everbody pays cash these days." Second, they were hesitant to even let him take a test drive. Keep in mind, my brother is a 35-year-old businedd owner who was walking in with a $5,000 down payment... not some 16-year-old who was just out to test drive a bunch of cars. So he went to the next dealership and bought his Fit that day.

I had a great experience at Koons Scion in Annapolis, MD. It's good that you didn't let a bad dealership experience have an impact on the car you wanted to buy. I have heard good and bad experiences at all kinds of dealership... from Kia to Mercedes. It's a business like any other... you're going to find good and bad ones.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Congrats on your new xD...