New Body Vinyls!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 01:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default New Body Vinyls!!!

Finally got my body vinyls after waiting for them for 5 months!!! *They were supposed to be here by May 15th so I could get them on for the Ames show, but the cutter dropped the ball and sent them the following week.*

They took us 5 hours because we had to piece everything together, but I'm really happy with how it turned out.

The body vinyls...

That match my engine cover...

That match my dash trim...

That match my tattoo...

FINALLY! My car is no longer all mixed and matched! :D WIN!
Old 06-11-2009, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Very Nice!!! Good Idea with the XD on the valve cover. I have mine laying around some where I think I will put my XB on mine.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Thanks! Yeah I was actually at a show a few weeks ago and a guy got a handout that was red and glittery. He had the ist, so didn't want it and gave it to me. I figured paint her up and stick it somewhere.

I'm going to debadge mine, but not really sure where to put it? I thought about the interior but not sure where it could go??? I'm going to paint the stock grill yellow to match, so maybe paint the symbol nickel to match my 'silver', and stick it on the grill????
Old 06-11-2009, 03:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Thanks! Yeah I was actually at a show a few weeks ago and a guy got a handout that was red and glittery. He had the ist, so didn't want it and gave it to me. I figured paint her up and stick it somewhere.

I'm going to debadge mine, but not really sure where to put it? I thought about the interior but not sure where it could go??? I'm going to paint the stock grill yellow to match, so maybe paint the symbol nickel to match my 'silver', and stick it on the grill????
Old 06-11-2009, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Khans

Your painting the stock grill sounds like a good plan with the badge in nickel.
Trying to figure out where that tattoo is at , I have narrowed it down to shoulder or thigh, am I close?
Old 06-12-2009, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Haha sorta! It's on the inside of my left bicep.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You must really love your car to get a tattoo for it
Old 06-12-2009, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I actually got the tattoo first. It holds a lot of meaning, not just the car itself. But yeah, the Scion brand has done a LOT for me. I know some don't like it, but that's cool. It's not for other people.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I actually got the tattoo first. It holds a lot of meaning, not just the car itself. But yeah, the Scion brand has done a LOT for me. I know some don't like it, but that's cool. It's not for other people.
I like it, awesome looking ride as well!
Old 06-13-2009, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wasn't trying to talk trash, sorry. I fully support any tattoo that has actual meaning behind it. It's tastefully done as well. Just curious as to what Scion has done for you though. Do you work at Scion?
Old 06-15-2009, 01:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha sorta! It's on the inside of my left bicep.
OUCH! I have a treble clef that is about 5" tall on my triceps and it got pretty painful when they got close to my biceps.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah, it was my 2nd most painful. I have one on my foot that hurt like Hell. But yeah, it was a little tender! I didn't realize how much movement there is right there. haha

No that's okay. I know some think it's dumb and don't like it, but I really don't care if people love it or hate it... hrm maybe it should have been of an xB.

I have made some life-long friends through the Scikotics car club. I've also met the man of my dreams through the car club. I've been around the country and visited other Scikos. I've met and spoken with 4 other Scion reps, as well as their manager - who loved my tattoo and also snagged a photo of it. It's how I spend a lot of my time.

But yeah, I actually posted because of the vinyls. I'm soooo happy to have finally gotten them on. The only problem I'm having is the tips are starting to come up a little bit. I think it's because they taper off so much, so I think if I maybe just snip off the very tips of them so they're rounded a bit more instead of a super sharp tip.

Thoughts?
Old 06-16-2009, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thoughts? Snag a job working at Scion, unless you're already making like 40k+ a year.

If the tips continue to come up the whole thing will come off, you gotta take care of that quickly.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Nah, don't want to work for Scion. I won't utilize my degree. I prefer other industries. My car is a hobby.

Thoughts as in what to do with the vinyl. Any other ideas to get them to stay down? I'll probably just end up trimming them up unless someone else has any other ideas before the weekend.
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Nah, don't want to work for Scion. I won't utilize my degree. I prefer other industries. My car is a hobby.

Thoughts as in what to do with the vinyl. Any other ideas to get them to stay down? I'll probably just end up trimming them up unless someone else has any other ideas before the weekend.
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Old 06-16-2009, 08:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As for the peeling... have you contacted the company who cut them for you? They'll probably have some tips for you.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I talked to the cutter 2 weeks ago and told him about it. He just asked if I had used a pressure washer or something. I told him no, it had only been hand-washed. That was as far as it got. He had no suggestions.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm assuming you used something to take any wax and/or grease off your paint?
Old 06-17-2009, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Yep I used rubbing alcohol. We then wet-applied it. Did everything exactly as he told me to.

Quick Reply: New Body Vinyls!!!