2008-2010 [ZSP110]

New Scion XD Purchase...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 10:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool New Scion XD Purchase...

Just purchased a Black 2010 XD on 9-11-09 and have just under 200 miles...

I am finding it very difficult in obtaining descent mats for the entire vehicle, I placed an order with weathertech for the first row but it appears they don't offer the 2nd row and the cargo area...

I see there is nothing but endless possibilities for the Scion XD for modifications however descent mats for the entire vehicle appears to be M.I.A

Here is my start...
1.Remote Engine Start 2. Interior Light Kit 3.Illuminated Door Sill
4.Sport Pedal 5.Sport Steering Wheel 6.Auto Dimming Mirror
7.Overhead Console 8.Rear Bumper Protector 9.Carbon Fiber Window Trim Kit 10.BLU LOGIC Hands Free System

Last edited by Crazyhorse6901; 09-16-2009 at 10:11 PM. Reason: WHY NOT!!!
Old 09-16-2009, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got a cheap 4 piece set off of ebay for $17 plus shipping. I think my total came to a whopping $22. No they dont match exactly the carpet in my xD, but they do fit perfectly. They did not come with the little studs that go in the grommet holes to secure the driver side mat. They have held up well this past year that I've had them in however. I'm more than happy with them for the price I paid.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just make sure it fits properly... because just recently in san diego a man and his family died from a car crashed cause they had an improper floor matt install in their lexus and it jammed the gas pedel causing them to speed and crash.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i bought the official "scion" carpeted mats. last year after some snow and it was on my shoes. after about 2 months or so, i took them out on a nice sunny day while cleaning out the car, and hung them up to dry. they held about a gallon of water in them from melted snow. with NONE getting on my actual floor. impressive. i got the 4 piece set for $70 from the toyota dealer straight.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Yang
just make sure it fits properly... because just recently in san diego a man and his family died from a car crashed cause they had an improper floor matt install in their lexus and it jammed the gas pedel causing them to speed and crash.

i had a florr mat like that in my concorde, it would slide every time i got in and out. sometimes the gas would stick on the edge just right and i woudl accelerate AFTER taking my foot off the gas. always quick thinking i would shift into neutral (let the rev limiter cut it at 4000) and kick the pedal to get unstuck. then when i could come to a stop i pulled the mat back. one thing i like about the xD is the mat "holders" that are there. the two clips that keep the mat in place.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We had a hard time with the mats also. The factory mats seem to be the best, but they are expensive. We just went with the nicest we could find and we got them at Pep Boys. They do OK up front, and only cover a little area in the back.

The overhead console (from the factory) is nice. She loves it, but sometimes I bump my head on it, and I am a touch over 6'. Kinda scary when you have to cut the overhead panel to install it !!!

My opinion is forget the factory self dimming mirror, do a little online shopping, and get your self a Gentex mirror with the compass, and temp. and map lights, or any combination of the three. Not that hard of an install if you are good with that sort of stuff. The hard part is running the temp. sender wire to the front grill through the firewall.

Like this one:
http://www.autoanything.com/mirrors/61A2075A0A0.aspx
Old 09-20-2009, 03:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

WELCOME first off! And congrats on your new xD!!

I actually just went to Wal-Mart and got a set of black ones. No, they didn't fit PERFECTLY, but they did the trick to keep the floor clean since I live in Iowa (translates into mud, gravel, grass, salt, snow, etc.). I think they were like, $15. The 2nd row ones are just small rectangles but still work fine.

I have found I really like my Weapon-R floormats. They fit pretty well, but I'm going to be making ones to custom fit my car.

As for the cargo area, may just want to buy a rug or something and cut it to size. Other than that, the only one I'm really aware of is the one from the dealership.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Crazyhorse6901
Just purchased a Black 2010 XD on 9-11-09 and have just under 200 miles...

I am finding it very difficult in obtaining descent mats for the entire vehicle, I placed an order with weathertech for the first row but it appears they don't offer the 2nd row and the cargo area...

I see there is nothing but endless possibilities for the Scion XD for modifications however descent mats for the entire vehicle appears to be M.I.A

Here is my start...
1.Remote Engine Start 2. Interior Light Kit 3.Illuminated Door Sill
4.Sport Pedal 5.Sport Steering Wheel 6.Auto Dimming Mirror
7.Overhead Console 8.Rear Bumper Protector 9.Carbon Fiber Window Trim Kit 10.BLU LOGIC Hands Free System
I got some off ebay. They were $80. All rubber too. Its one big piece in the back.