2008-2010 [ZSP110]

so jet chips...

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default so jet chips...

curious if anyone had done anything that in line with this thread, either by getting the chip or getting a reflash.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...light=jet+chip

at one point i was going to use a chip to change shift points on my old jeep but that got sold before i could try. just curious if anyone had any luck with Jet or maybe Unichip, not the lovely ebay scams that love ricer money lol.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why dnt you take one for the team? Lol
Old 07-22-2011, 07:05 PM
SL Member

People claim that this chip will not work cause it is basically universal and not specific for our car. I know on the website it says it is but it's used for many import models. I was really interested in this at one time and contacted them and they said I could easily get 20hp out of their chip and then asked some questions around here and found out I would be lucky to get a couple of hp out of it. If you wanna try and get back to us though you are more than welcome.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:53 PM

The only way you should ever get a tune is in person. SOME people with SOME cars have good luck with a chip or mail order tune but a lot don't, I've actually had zero luck with tunes on 4 vehicles now and won't be making that mistake anymore.

Short of doing drastic changes such as forced induction or cam changes you won't need a tune, the computer is smart enough to compensate for minor mods.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TierAngst
The only way you should ever get a tune is in person. SOME people with SOME cars have good luck with a chip or mail order tune but a lot don't, I've actually had zero luck with tunes on 4 vehicles now and won't be making that mistake anymore.

Short of doing drastic changes such as forced induction or cam changes you won't need a tune, the computer is smart enough to compensate for minor mods.
Mail order tunes work fine for cars with specific mods.. They are initially dyno tested with real time equipment and the ECM changes apply to those exact cars with specific mods..

These engines are already pretty optimized from the factory.. You can't expect power gains from programming alone on a NA engine. Their 20HP figure is BS on this car. Now on a car with FI you can get some hefty gains by dialing in more boost and adding more fuel..
Old 07-26-2011, 08:37 PM

That's exactly what I was saying. Most people aren't going to have exactly what the tuner had on his car. Now lets say the tuner also sold all the other things as a kit, this would work.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

was simply curious. i realize these engines are pretty well off from the factory as mikem53 said. even with bolt-ons you see little gains here and there. i just wanted to know if anoyone had tried chipping. after i get my custom work done to the exhaust and maybe headers (big maybe) then im about maxed out on bolt on's.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You do not chip an OBD II car. You can reflash the main computer and that is about it and as far as possible gains that just depends on stock fuel maps and timing. Do a 93 oct tune and you would probably see some small gains. I know reflashing most trucks with a 91 oct tune will usually yield some good results.