Stupid Driver Vents

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 02:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Stupid Driver Vents

For those moron drivers that come oh-so-close, but don't QUITE get you, but just irritate you...

So I go to the grocery store yesterday after church and I'm talking on the phone to the boyfriend. I'm super **** about people door dinging my car (aren't we all?) because if an edge hits, my body vinyls are toast. I take precautions and park out in the boonies where no one else parks.

So yeah, I'm parked and this 900 year old guy pulls up in the spot RIGHT next to me in his beat up old Acura. Really? So I'm irritated about this as-is. I reach over to start my car to move while I'm telling the boyfriend how inconsiderate this guy is, when all of a sudden he THROWS HIS DOOR OPEN! Not even looking!!!! No like, lightly swinging open of the door. He thrusts that sucker ALLLLL the way open! OMG I'm about 2 blinks away from getting outta my car and throwing down with grandpa.

I wait till he leaves, then pull forward a spot. I leap out of the car and run around to my passenger side... no door ding, thank goodness. I was freaking out on the phone. Luckily, my man drives a tC so he can relate. Took him a few minutes to calm me down.

Ahhhh okay I feel a bit better. Who's next?

Last edited by Khans; 08-31-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hahah,

I got cut off on my way to work this morning on the interstate doing 85 by an astrovan doin 30 so they could rubber-neck the accident accross the median, then she cut me off again when I was trying to yield to an ambulance that was going to the accident by getting in the right lane and stomping the brakes to get right on side of me then matching my speed.

It was an awesome morning. Thank goodness for rentals with XM radio and the Playboy Radio Morning show?
Old 08-31-2009, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i get tailgated alot mostly by big trucks and SUV's no matter how fast i go they seemed to always be up my butt....even when i come to a stop sign to make a ful top they beep at me cause im follwing the law and stopping mean while the get tired and go past me and blow the next stop sign no wonder why they get into accidents i do have to say some cars do it also but mostly big trucks...i think cause they have a big thing they dont have to follow the law.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

somebody driving a malibu tailgated me while i was doing 75 on the freeway and got even closer as i tried my best to push to 80 and there was a tractor trailer to the right lane.

but it was nice seeing it pulled over a bit later.

rant thread/
Old 08-31-2009, 04:08 PM
SeT
5 Year Member

I hate that. At this point, I've given up. My tC needs a new paint job there are so many door and other dings.

The last one seriously ____ed me off. I pull into a parking space at my apartment and happened to pull up next to another tC. I had seen the car here before but guess the guy doesn't live here, it's only around maybe every other week if even that often. I come out the next morning to find the other tC gone and the parking space empty and about a 3" tall/1" wide door scrape on my passenger door.

No respect even from another tC owner.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I get stuck in traffic every day going to work... I usually get that guy who decides that 1/3 of an inch away is a good distance to the car infront of him (me). So my new favorite passtime is to wait when the car infront of me moves forward the 1 or 2 car lengths that it can move... and I rev the xD.... a lot... you see I know my xD is running rich, so I usually leave a nice **** mark on their front bumper....

as for those who park too close/swing open doors without looking/go out of their way to park next to you in the nose bleed section when there are a million spaces open closer to the door... well... the last guy had to replace a window, when I saw that the red paint on my door matched the red paint of his car... and that was me being nice... when I had my Show Civic (first car I ever bought, which was new), people usually weren't able to drive away after I was done...

Rant/
Old 09-01-2009, 12:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was cut off about a week ago by someone in a G35 who missed his (right) turn to a shopping plaza; I was in the right lane, he on the left. No signal, just pure brake lights. I slammed on the brakes and jerked the wheel left, as he swerved right. There was no way he was going to get in the parking lot, he would have wound up in a ditch and dinged up his car in process. So we merely sharply swapped lanes at about 40 mph.

I mean, there's stupid little mistakes (we all do them on occasion), and "what the ___ was that ___ thinking" mistakes. This was definitely the latter, so I shook my fist with a prime digit extended for the first time in many years.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tracompa3
I was cut off about a week ago by someone in a G35 who missed his (right) turn to a shopping plaza; I was in the right lane, he on the left. No signal, just pure brake lights. I slammed on the brakes and jerked the wheel left, as he swerved right. There was no way he was going to get in the parking lot, he would have wound up in a ditch and dinged up his car in process. So we merely sharply swapped lanes at about 40 mph.

I mean, there's stupid little mistakes (we all do them on occasion), and "what the ___ was that ___ thinking" mistakes. This was definitely the latter, so I shook my fist with a prime digit extended for the first time in many years.
Sure that wasn't a her?
j/k
Old 09-01-2009, 01:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool road war stories.
I work next to a state park, and there are tons of deer around there. So I've been working there about 7 years now and have had many close calls working third shift. So I head back from break around 3am, and I'm usually on a swivel looking for deer, when I take the off ramp to road usually dead. The off ramp curves around an overgrown blind corner, I'm doing about 40 and the drunk Mexican was doing probably that or less. Half way through the turn I see headlights of this busted ___ Acura heading straight at me, I slam on the brakes, neglecting the clutch, and cut off to the right. The other guy just stops and smiles my lights shinning in his car. I say he was drunk because who smiles after avoiding a head on, or drives up on a off ramp. He looked like he wanted to talk because he pulled off to the side, but I gathered my wits and knew if I stopped to chat it would only get 10 fold worse and I was late coming back from break. So with a quick start of the car and a salute I was off.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Khans I sooooooooooooo know what you are talking about. I have a tC and an xD and I park in the spots no man know about, so I don’t get dinged.
I know of people that look for our cars, the ones that are nice and they see we have put some time and money into them. They go out of there way to park next to you because they see that’s what you do to protect your ride.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Wow! Awesome (or should I say, horrific) stories!!! Some people are just... wow. There seriously aren't even words. Sometimes I wish I was a hothead!

Lex-M, I hear ya. I actually don't mind if a nice car parks next to mine or anything if I'm waaaay out there, as long as it's a NICE car. If it is a car that friggin' Old Man River is driving (like the beat-up Acura in my vent), THAT'S when my specs start to twitch.

Wellesley, that is AWESOME! I need you to come take out some aggressions on some Iowa cars for me!!!
Old 09-02-2009, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Late last year I came out of a grocery store and found a late teen with her **** up against the back quarter panel of my car while talking to some of her friends in a Suburban in the spot next to my car. Of course when I saw this I got p|ssed off and told her to, literally, get her **** off my car and how rude she was to do that one someone elses property. Just like a teen she mimicked me as I got in my car but yea, I was already ticked at that point from my ex harassing me where I would have punched her if it came to it.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have two door dings. the rest of the dings on the xD are made with rocks. sucks. our tC has brick fragments embedded in the front bumper. the hood and bumper looks like we tailgated team Subaru up the AlCan highway.....
Old 09-02-2009, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JDMJim
i have two door dings. the rest of the dings on the xD are made with rocks. sucks. our tC has brick fragments embedded in the front bumper. the hood and bumper looks like we tailgated team Subaru up the AlCan highway.....
I hear that. My job has me rolling the xD through some pretty harsh industrial-torn roads and Back roads. Majority of the time, following 18-wheelers. My D has a few chips in the hood and bumper, although the bumper just got replaced so its chip free for at least a little while.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xDTool
Sure that wasn't a her?
j/k
No, he had a shaved head, and didn't seem like someone I'd like to mess with. He drove slow and have that sort of half-wave in "apology".

Although, I've been wrong before to judge the sex of whom-has-a-shaved-head, if only from a distance.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tracompa3
No, he had a shaved head, and didn't seem like someone I'd like to mess with. He drove slow and have that sort of half-wave in "apology".

Although, I've been wrong before to judge the sex of whom-has-a-shaved-head, if only from a distance.
Hehe,

I live in a place with fairly good drivers MOST of the time. Not nearly as aggressive or horrible as when I road tripped to Chicago or Boston. It always seems to me that the people here that suck at driving are:

a) over 65 years of age
b) females of the under 23 variety that text/email/play games on their cells while driving
c) the stereotypical "bruh" with his 4-door silverado with 6" lift and huge wheels that stays immaculately clean and is obviously only for road driving.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^ We have a winner!!!!

Some kid (I swear he couldn't have been more than 16 or 17) in a Lumina (I think) was behind a slow car during rush hour, and I was in the fast lane going about 65. The kid starts to merge (no blinker) when I'm halfway up his car. I LAID on the horn for a solid 15 seconds. Really? He probably just graduated from driver's ed. Learn the friggin' law.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

or when you find those end stalls that are nice and big so you hug to wall/end side and what happens the car comes and parks over the line close to you, WTH!!!!
Old 09-04-2009, 12:42 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by ChelsDS
Late last year I came out of a grocery store and found a late teen with her **** up against the back quarter panel of my car while talking to some of her friends in a Suburban in the spot next to my car. Of course when I saw this I got p|ssed off and told her to, literally, get her **** off my car and how rude she was to do that one someone elses property. Just like a teen she mimicked me as I got in my car but yea, I was already ticked at that point from my ex harassing me where I would have punched her if it came to it.
I have only come across this one once before and it was not my car that was being leaned on...

me and my buddy took his Avenger to go to wendys, we are inside eating when I look out to see a minivan park next to him and the driver get out and start leaning on my friends car as if it was his.... my buddy set off his alarm and the guy immediately got back in his car and went through the drive through instead of coming in...

Originally Posted by katchkillah
or when you find those end stalls that are nice and big so you hug to wall/end side and what happens the car comes and parks over the line close to you, WTH!!!!
I used to work at a mall and would open in the morning so I always got the spot that was at the very beginning of the lot/right next to the entrance of the mall, I would always park over the line so there was PLENTY of room for the car next to me, yet I would go out on a cigarette break every day and see some jackass park over their line to be close to my car!
Old 09-04-2009, 01:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by katchkillah
+1

I always get the guys in Galant's that have cut springs, peeling window tint, the Autozone Special Axleback, and the 40$/piece alloys.

the worst of ricors that put an eye stain wherever they go, think they will look cool by parking next to my car.

Those guys will be having a bad day when my 280Z and my roommate's RX-7 are done, and people try parking close to our cars.

Quick Reply: Stupid Driver Vents