Notices
Scion xD Owner's Lounge
2008-2010 [ZSP110]

TOY-SC1

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 11:10 PM

Default TOY-SC1

Can anybody tell me if the sirius toyota/scion interface adapter works with standard radio package or only the navigation upgrade package?

http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/serv...0&oldParentID=
Old 08-27-2009, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If the radio has a SAT logo on the front of it or says it is satellite ready. The parts you need for SIRIUS Satellite radio are the TOY-SC1 Toyota/Scion radio adapter AND the SCC1 Universal Vehicle tuner.
SCC1
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1174091944200
Old 09-06-2009, 09:58 AM
SL Member

Good info. Mine is sat-ready, what all do I need to get tuned in? I've had xm before but added it to my car, never had a car with a sat-ready tuner built in. Can you give me a quick rundown of the components I need to buy or a link on here?

Thanks
Old 09-15-2009, 03:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This goes for pretty much any radio OE or aftermarket that bears the SAT tag. You need a tuner box (either XM or SIRIUS) and what I will call the translator box, which is the device that connects the tuner box to your radio and "talks" to it in a language it understands. I.E. Alpine radios need Alpine translators. O.E. Toyota needs Toyota translator, etc. etc.

A radio bearing the SAT logo just means that you can hook the above SAT radio components to it and the radio will display the SAT radio info and give you control over the channels, presets, etc. Versus a plug-and-play unit which utilizes mainly external wiring and has a separate display from the cars' receiver that does the SAT radio channel tuning, presets, etc. The XM Xpress and SIRIUS Starmate 5 are examples of plug-and-play units. Which are good for those who want to move SAT radio from car to car if they own more than one OR car to home with a compatible home dock or boom box.

Since SIRIUS and XM have merged the music channels are all pretty much the same as far as what is offered station number differences are there but the genre of music playing is the same. The differences come down to what talk shows and sport channels you want to listen to. You can look at the channel listings online to get an idea of which tuner you would like to own. Or you can get their "best of" package and pretty much listen to it all for about $20 a month, IIRC.

I've noticed the XM tuners are a little more reliable and less troublesome than the SIRIUS tuners. Terk and Audiovox and Pioneer manufacture the XM equipment and DEI makes most of the SIRIUS equipment, IIRC.