Notices
Scion xD Owner's Lounge
2008-2010 [ZSP110]

What did you trade in on the xD?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 05:47 PM

Default New to Scion's and the forums!

Just bought a RS 1.0 xd for my wife 2 weeks ago - loved it so much that I traded in my 2004 Tacoma (15mpg) and got my self a blue xd 2009. Loving the gas mileage - getting some mods on it in a week or so - can't have my wife's RS 1 looking better than my stock one
Old 10-10-2008, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Traded in my 06 supercharged tC with 37000 miles for a RS 1 xD, been wanting to do that since i seen the RS pics... finally took the plunge, parted out my entire mod list on my tC, took me 3 days to get everything back to stock. I am happy bout the trade, just not happy that on my way the day i got the xd some guy rearended me and took off, so next week is goes back to the dealer to get fixed
Old 10-10-2008, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Well I started off with a 2005 Scion xB RS2 that I modded like crazy then sold...Bought a 2006 Mustang GT that was sweet but gas prices sucked so i sold it after 5 months and went back to the Brand of car I love, SCION...I love my RS1 xD....Here is the Mustang I got rid of...

Old 10-13-2008, 05:23 PM

went to my xD from an '01 TT roadster... pros and cons, but great to have a back seat for sports equipment :-)
Old 11-22-2008, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey guys/gals, this is my first post here!

I'm in the process of selling my 2003 VW Golf TDI (turbodiesel) and then it's off to the Scion dealership to order my xD!

Here's what I'm thinking so far:

-Magnetic gray
-5-speed
-TRD struts/shocks
-TRD sway bar
-VSC
-TRD short shifter
-Floor mats
Old 11-22-2008, 04:27 AM
Zed
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I gave up my first car 96 honda accord dx. with 193K and needed about 700 put in to pass inspection, a dealer offered me 1k for it toward my current xD, how could i say no? i still miss my accord, for the 7 years of loyal service and no breakdowns but it's time had come, i hope to get the same amount of milage if not more out of my xD
Old 11-28-2008, 01:25 PM

Volvo '01 V70 2.4T w/124K on it. Didn't get a great deal, but considering the loan payment + monthly gas on a new D is lower than the average monthly repair/maint cost + gas on the Volvo, I'm not complaining. So far, I haven't missed the extra space in the V70 - but then, so far I haven't been to Ikea yet.
Old 11-29-2008, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by spinthetension
Traded in my 07 Corolla LE with 18k on it. Got 13.3k for it, which turns out to be a hefty down payment. My insurance and payments are cheaper with the xD...and a little more "me."

The dealer said Toyota realized the average age of people who buy Corollas are in their mid-30s. That's part of the reason they created Scion - to appeal to the younger crowd. Wonder if they expected the 50+ crowd to take interest, too? I don't know how much of that I believe, but it was an interesting statement...since I'm much younger than mid-30s.
i too traded my 07 Corolla LE (16k miles) for my 09 xD. i was 28 with 2 kids when i bought the Corolla, i've since had a baby and we have tons more room in our xD than we did with the Corolla, even with the bigger carseat we use. my payments are cheaper also and i still get great gas mileage.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BigDaddy101
I traded in an 07' Ford F-150 Super-Crew with 21,000 miles. Can anyone say gas savings!!!!!!
i traded a 2000 vw jetta GLS,only thing i can say is that the xd has a lot more road noise,thinking about dynamatting the whole floor and doors lol
Old 12-04-2008, 01:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionstyle2009
Originally Posted by BigDaddy101
I traded in an 07' Ford F-150 Super-Crew with 21,000 miles. Can anyone say gas savings!!!!!!
i traded a 2000 vw jetta GLS,only thing i can say is that the xd has a lot more road noise,thinking about dynamatting the whole floor and doors lol
here is a pic of the car i used to have, i kept it so clean!
Old 12-11-2008, 09:19 PM

I traded in 1999 1.8 VW Passat station wagon with 133000 miles and 2006 2.0 Suzuki Forenza with 8000 miles PLUS ~$5000.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

traded in my tC:

for my RS1 xD!

not 100% sure if it was the right decision, but this car is a blast to drive
Old 12-16-2008, 02:21 AM
10 Year Member

Traded an '02 Mitsubishi lancer with 119k miles and some ominous transmission noises. Got $2k for the Lancer and paid $12k for a slightly used (11k miles) '08 Xd (stick shift, pretty much base except for premium sound). Other than the dealership's heinous $500 'doc fee' (plain robbery, if you ask me, but not illegal in Georgia - yet), I think I got a deal.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:08 AM

Just traded my 2001 IS300. I loved it but it was time to say good bye. I don't regret it for a second, I love my new 2009 super white manual xD!
Old 01-03-2009, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Traded my 06 xB

Day of trade in.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:09 AM

I am actually planning on trading in my 07 tc for a Xd. Actually i have another option of getting a 09 mitsubishi ralliart. Yes i know two different cars but they both spark interest in me.

Main reason I want an xd or ralli is because everywhere i go i see a tc!!!! and its annoying me to heck, lol
Old 01-11-2009, 03:16 AM
Banned
SL Member

Default Re: What did you trade in on the xD?

I had a nicely modded 1st gen Miata which my little brother bought and couldn't afford to maintain. He sold it to me for $1 - it had the 1990 crankshaft keyway defect. I replaced with a model appropriate 1993 engine and began going through the mechanicals out of curiosity.

I always thought the miata was a chick car, but I really dug the way the car was balanced and how it handled. I eventually got that car looking and driving amazingly well. Unfortunately, I was "that guy" one morning and was distracted by a disturbing text from the office - I hit the altima in front of me in horrific DC approach traffic. The miata seemed fine, but the altima lost its bumper - was a show.

I have the best insurance on the planet (USAA). They came to my office to evaluate my car for repairs (broken turn light). The appraiser found slight internal frame damage and suggested that, despite the good condition of my car, it would likely be totaled. I was floored! The car still tracked and drove perfectly, but I was not upset - the miata was a great car, but I had no problem with investigating a new opportunity. The guy called me a few days later and offered me $4000 for the car (remember, this was a 1990 - debut year miata) - not a bad price for a well driven 18 year old car! I put that $4K on the xD

Long story short - this all happened when gas was getting expensive - I wanted a car that got no less than 30 mpg. Prior to the gas issue, I had been looking at the Subaru WRX wagon or the SAAB 9-2x (same car). After the gas issue hit, I instead looked at the bottom of the ladder starting with the Yaris. I wanted the jumped up special edition model but the dealer was uninterested in finding one and, on my own, I found out why - you just couldn't find them in my region. Eventually, a toyota salesman suggested an xD. Scion had NEVER been on my radar. I had no idea what a xD was and was pretty sure I wouldn't be interested.

I read the specs and became interested. I saw the bull-dog ugly design and I knew this was a good fit for me. I was lucky to find a black on black unit with stability control. I added a bunch of mods and only ended up financing 13K (which is a pocket change payment - 4 years). Ironically, it appears that the special edition Yaris had (has) the xD seats. I didn't like the stock Yaris seats, but liked the upgrade special edition option. When I took delivery of the xD, I realized that they were the same (or similar) units put into the up-Yaris.

Anyway, I have modded my car with (MOSTLY) TRD stuff and finally have a nice little car which has every bit of quality / handling / performance as a $20K something vehicle. I dig this car - I don't think it is ever going to be a big seller - partly because it is a Scion / partly because of the economy. I don't care - despite the fact that aftermarket firms don't support low budget niche cars - I like the minor exclusivity / quirkiness / uniqueness of the xD.

Originally Posted by GeoUSA
My trade was a 2006 Sonata V6. During a quick search of internet newsgroups I ran across prior Mitsu Evolution and Chevy Corvette owners who traded for the xD.

Geo
Old 01-31-2009, 01:02 AM

Traded in a 2000 Sonata bougt used. Nice liltte sedan. handed well Low center of gravity, wishbone suspension but the engine was on the way out. Found out from the dealer that Hyundai didn't make new engines for that year, only " rebuilt" which meant more $$$. Hyundai didnt transfer warranties for used cars until 2001 or later.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I traded a year 2000 Kia Sephia LS with 98k miles. Was worth about $400 but Scion dealership agreed for $950 because they really needed my sale (I paid cash for the xD)

Most unique about that car was it's color.. which was "cyan". Everyone said the color was "blue-green" lol

Loved the car.. and it gave me 27-28 mpg consistently.. but the driver side sometimes opened up randomly when it was really cold outside. This happened 3 times last winter and once this winter before I traded-in the car the day after thanksgiving.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default uh

^ lol opened up? you mean like going 60mph and the door just swings open?

Quick Reply: What did you trade in on the xD?