Notices
Scion xD Owner's Lounge
2008-2010 [ZSP110]

Who is actually going to buy an '08 xD?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 06:58 PM

I am considering the upcoming Xb. Like the above poster I am also freaky tall 6'5" but also have um... extra girth? Oh allright... I'm fat.

Very few cars fit my needs and I mean very few. I did a money no object tour of the Cleveland Auto Show looking for cars I was actually comfortable in.

The Scion display was all show and no seat time allowed so I couldn't find out anything usefull there. Smart, Jaguar, Bently and Aston Martin were also absent allthough I suspect that I wouldn't be able to fit into any of those anyways.

Ok so back on track here. Cars I actually was comfortable in.

New Beetle (yes thats why I own one_
VW Rabbit 2-door only.
VW Passat.
VW EOS.
MB S-Class
Volvo S60
Mini Cooper
Audi A4 Cabriolet. The sedans doors are too small.

So money no object that's all Im comfy in? WTF?

Notice the complete absence of suv's or trucks? Well that's because I didn't bother looking at something I have zero interest in owning. :D
Old 04-13-2007, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

the fiancee is wanting on.
If she moves quick enough on the new car front, she'll get a new xA instead, which both she and I prefer.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

i like the xD more then the xB2...i am interested in check them out come release time
Old 04-19-2007, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think it's going to be very interesting how well they sell.

If you look at the difference between the xD and xB stock and then them with aftermarket wheels and body kit it changes everything. The 1G xB and xA were very good looking cars stock, and only got better with upgrades. Now it's taken a step down I think.

I can't make the final call until I actually sit in one. I do plan to check them out when released. I'm still, STILL, waiting on money from my accident that totaled my xA. Driving a stupid Chevy Prizm right now and can't wait to get rid of it.

Should receive about $15k from that, pending my situation I might just use that to buy a new car.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When did the new xb go on sale? I saw two of them on the freeway today.

one of them had the manufacturer plate. this was on the 405.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm pushing my parents to get an xD. Thing looks so much better in person. My parents are in the Market for a new car soon and I'm hoping they get the xD.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:07 PM

I'll be in the market for a 2008 model something... I haven't made my mind up yet. I'm looking at:

a.) a Toyota Yaris 3dr hatch
b.) a Hyundai Accent 3dr hatch
c.) a Scion xD

The Yaris is kinda cool, but the interior sucks, and it would take a lot of work to make it feel sporty at all. Not many available options, but best mpg.

The Accent, to me, is the best looking of the bunch (I know, I know, I must be off my rocker!). Power and handling is better than the Yaris (SE model), but it suffers from very low gearing... MANY customers are having a hard time breaking 30mpg (yet some get 36-38???)! Fairly decent interior, but nothing to get excited about.

The xD, if it stays in the same price range as the other two, trumps them all in every respect, except for exterior styling, which is totally subjective. Awesome interior, best power, fuel economy ridiculously close to the Yaris, better space... it would be a no-brainer shoe in. However, I still can't decide if I like the exterior styling of the xD enough to live with it.

Time will tell, I guess. Not to mention, there should be a new Aveo on the market (we can only hope GM gets their act together this time around), and rumors of a Ford-badged, Mazda 2-based entry as well. 2008 is gonna' be an exciting race in the small car segment as everyone scrambles to get on board with this trend shift... I'm looking forward to it!

~SM
Old 05-02-2007, 07:40 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by d114
When did the new xb go on sale? I saw two of them on the freeway today.

one of them had the manufacturer plate. this was on the 405.
from what ive seen, a lot of times district people can get the "test" cars early and drive and keep etc, but mainly its done for 2 reasons...

1) real world road test etc
2) exposure of the car / design
Old 05-02-2007, 10:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

I'd be more likely to get the xD than the xB2... but I plan on driving my box until the wheels fall off.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

The Family
SL Member

a lot of dealers got some on the 29 of last month. Randode was supposed to get his then.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When it comes time to replace our Civic in the next couple of years, we will be looking at a lot of cars, including the xD. Since my wife will be driving this car the most, it'll depend on her opinion. I can't say we'll be buying an xD for sure, but we'll go look at one.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Swordsman
I'll be in the market for a 2008 model something... I haven't made my mind up yet. I'm looking at:

a.) a Toyota Yaris 3dr hatch
b.) a Hyundai Accent 3dr hatch
c.) a Scion xD

The Yaris is kinda cool, but the interior sucks, and it would take a lot of work to make it feel sporty at all. Not many available options, but best mpg.

The Accent, to me, is the best looking of the bunch (I know, I know, I must be off my rocker!). Power and handling is better than the Yaris (SE model), but it suffers from very low gearing... MANY customers are having a hard time breaking 30mpg (yet some get 36-38???)! Fairly decent interior, but nothing to get excited about.

The xD, if it stays in the same price range as the other two, trumps them all in every respect, except for exterior styling, which is totally subjective. Awesome interior, best power, fuel economy ridiculously close to the Yaris, better space... it would be a no-brainer shoe in. However, I still can't decide if I like the exterior styling of the xD enough to live with it.

Time will tell, I guess. Not to mention, there should be a new Aveo on the market (we can only hope GM gets their act together this time around), and rumors of a Ford-badged, Mazda 2-based entry as well. 2008 is gonna' be an exciting race in the small car segment as everyone scrambles to get on board with this trend shift... I'm looking forward to it!

~SM
I am also considering these three cars as a replacement for my xB.... and no... you are not off your rocker saying the 3 door Accent is the best looking of the bunch. But the thread below is a big concern and scratched the Accent off my list:
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/t12918...ator-light.htm

I like the Yaris too, but I also think the interior just has no style.... and it looks like it was made by Fisher-Price or Mattel!

So I am down to the xD... I have only seen the pictures on the web so far. I like what I have seen of the interior. Regarding the exterior styling... I need to see the car in person in "3-D" because I don't think the pics do it justice. I also like the fact it has 128hp... more than the others.

So far the xD is the winner for me.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:45 PM
SHU
SL Member

Default i

Unless my career takes a unexpected turn down hill I'll be buying a xD. Honestly I'd rather have a xD sized Gen2 xB with xD MPG but I'll settle for the xD.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:17 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

I'll probably buy an xD when they come out.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:51 AM

I'm picking up mine this month on the 21st....!
Black, AT @ Longo, I'll post pic as soon as I get it
Old 05-10-2007, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am strongly considering getting an xD for my wife.

I am already on order for the xB
Old 05-13-2007, 08:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by GymkhanaKen
I'm picking up mine this month on the 21st....!
Black, AT @ Longo, I'll post pic as soon as I get it
Please post pictures!! I am ordering one also, from San Bernardino Toyota, except I am wondering if I could get it sooner at a bigger dealer?
Old 05-14-2007, 05:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

After seeing the xD at Toyota-Fest in person...Looks WAY better than the New xB....xD has a "tight" look'in dash too!..
Old 05-20-2007, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by burstaneurysm
I'd be more likely to get the xD than the xB2... but I plan on driving my box until the wheels fall off.
SECONDED ON ALL COUNTS
the xD is being billed as the xB's REAL replacement, since the new one is a fat bloated piece of crap of slightly modified dimensions.

It'll suck to sacrifice the headroom, but worth it to...uh...not drive a B2. I was kind of waffling, but after reading the TTAC review....yyyeah. xD it is.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:26 PM
5 Year Member

it seems like the xd is more well liked than the new xb... didn't see that comin