2008-2010 [ZSP110]

XD Splash guards?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 07:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default XD Splash guards?????

So I was cruising on the 5 south near Camp Pendleton. It was at night time so it was kindda hard to see the road, so i was going like "65" cuz u know I drive at the speed limit. and suddenly I saw a black spot on the road. I couldn't tell what it was, But I hit it. So I was like . SHT! So what ever I hit got dragged like 1/2 a mile down the road. So i was like: I better stop somewhere. I was about to make an emergency stop, but suddenly I felt like I ran over what I was dragging. so I was again. So after all that I got to my parking lot, and did an inspection of my front bumpers. Gladly nothing happened to the front bumpers, but as I was looking in the passenger wheel well. I SAW THE WINDSHIELD FLUID PUMP.
So what I was dragging for about 1/2 a mile was my splash guard. The black plastic that gos around the wheel well to protect the inside components, like the WWFluid pump and other stuff. when I hit the object on the road my splash guard came off.
Does anyone knows where can I get a new splash guard? I dont want to go to the dealer cuz its gonna be expensive.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by silvermolotov
So I was cruising on the 5 south near Camp Pendleton. It was at night time so it was kindda hard to see the road, so i was going like "65" cuz u know I drive at the speed limit. and suddenly I saw a black spot on the road. I couldn't tell what it was, But I hit it. So I was like . SHT! So what ever I hit got dragged like 1/2 a mile down the road. So i was like: I better stop somewhere. I was about to make an emergency stop, but suddenly I felt like I ran over what I was dragging. so I was again. So after all that I got to my parking lot, and did an inspection of my front bumpers. Gladly nothing happened to the front bumpers, but as I was looking in the passenger wheel well. I SAW THE WINDSHIELD FLUID PUMP.
So what I was dragging for about 1/2 a mile was my splash guard. The black plastic that gos around the wheel well to protect the inside components, like the WWFluid pump and other stuff. when I hit the object on the road my splash guard came off.
Does anyone knows where can I get a new splash guard? I dont want to go to the dealer cuz its gonna be expensive.
i too hit a possum at "65" on a highway. tore my splash guard loose. it was still attached but just barely rubbing the wheel. i stopped at end of highway and looked. the wheel started to tear through it. i saved it in time and put it back in place. it's got some minor abrasions on it, but is still intact.

good luck with yours.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sure hope you picked up the ROAD KILL and made a fine meal out of it...