Notices
Scion xD Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

xD on TRD springs.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 07:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How is your ride and road noise now? I'm getting an xD here in the next couple weeks and am thinking about at least getting some wheels put on... It looks like you still have a good amount of tire to absorb the shock.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It feels different than the stock ride, thats for sure.

In non-technical terms, it feels like the car is heavier. You will feel everything on the road. Although I dont find it uncomfortable.

I had a guy from the service department comment on the ride being so sensitive. I actually prefer it.

If you just get wheels, I doubt it will have much impact as long as you get an appropriate tire. Road noise varies drastically from one to the next. Make sure you do some research online. People love to post reviews of their tire experiences.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by TrebleStauter
Originally Posted by Deemer
Wow! That does look wicked, and it seems to be a very reasonable package - how much did you pay for the rims and tires? Let us know if you have any rubbing and if the gas mileage is affected.
I believe I paid around $800 for the wheels and tires. I originally had ordered the stock alloys when I bought the car. This ended up being comparable in price through the dealership.

I havent noticed much of a change in gas mileage. I can average anywhere from 28 (low) to 35 (very high) on a tank depending on the miles involved. Automatic transmission btw.

The 35 I did only once in a straight shot from Columbus to Pittsburgh. 1 full tank.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I am very happy with how it turned out.

That really surprises me, I am getting over 35 mpg every tank (up to 38 ) and thats no highway driving. It's not really "city" either, I live out in the sticks, but I still have yet to see less than 35. Of course I do have the MT.

Love the drop/rims, I also have a black xD and hope to do this soon.