Notices
tC Tech and DIY Info for the Scion tC

Clutch Pedal Stop Install

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 10:36 PM
5 Year Member

if you are having troubles with the disengage button, just clip the wires coming from it and wire it up to a push button switch that you can install in your dash. That way there will be no problems. When you start your car all you have to do is hold the button.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:37 AM
5 Year Member

or even better you could stick a rubber stopper on the clutch pedal tab, so the button is un-altered
Old 11-01-2005, 01:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think imma try this mod shounds likea great idea
Old 11-02-2005, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude i cant find a freakin elevator bolt newhere i went to home depot and loews this is ___...
Old 01-16-2006, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

myself, along with three other manual tc's in our club tried this mod yesterday.
I love it! elimanates all that extra nonsense play in the clutch. It took about 10 minutes and cost less than a buck.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member

Default Is it possible to do this mod w/out tapping anything?

Is it possible to do this mod w/out tapping anything?

I don't have and don't know how many ppl might have a tap set. I'd love to get one though, both metric and english. Any idea how much they run?

I'm being lazy, I'll prolly just look it up right after this, but post up a response anyway, maybe someone else can use the info.

Great write up, awesome pix, just the right amount of detail in the step by step... dude you should go pro and work for a magazine!
Old 03-23-2006, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Is it possible to do this mod w/out tapping anything?

Originally Posted by moots13181
Is it possible to do this mod w/out tapping anything?

I don't have and don't know how many ppl might have a tap set. I'd love to get one though, both metric and english. Any idea how much they run?

I'm being lazy, I'll prolly just look it up right after this, but post up a response anyway, maybe someone else can use the info.

Great write up, awesome pix, just the right amount of detail in the step by step... dude you should go pro and work for a magazine!

you can get the one you need and turn it with pliers for like $1 or a small set would be about 10 bucks but shop around
Old 08-11-2006, 06:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

reviving an old thread!! but i'm got almost all the supplies for the mod cept for the machine screw 4-40, i've only can find a 3/4 inch long one not a 1 inch, would that be fine???? i went to murreys and hompe depot, but they dont' carry one inch!!
Old 08-11-2006, 03:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Go to your local Ace, etc, small hardware store chain, most have alol more items than the big stores when it comes to nuts and bolts;)

Not sure if the 3/4" would work or not.

Rick
Old 08-11-2006, 06:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

is there a difference b/w a regular bolt and an elevator bolt because i asked the guyz that worked they're and they don' even know what that means
Old 08-14-2006, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ignitionr34
is there a difference b/w a regular bolt and an elevator bolt because i asked the guyz that worked they're and they don' even know what that means
The elevator bolt has a large flat head, about 1" in diameter. Without the large head, I don't know how much contact the bolt head would make with the pedal arm. You don't want to risk having the pedal arm slip off of the bolt head, because the pedal could get stuck.
Old 09-30-2006, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The guy who said just put an extra stopper on it has the right idea. I was really bored and tired of extra play (not as much as my tC tho! ) in my Si's clutch, and got to looking. Theres like 1cm of room behind the stock clutch stop and the firewall soooooooo... either sticking a new bolt in or just adhering a few of the feet on is the way to go.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:29 AM
5 Year Member

Going to give this a try. my first custom mod. do things like this void the warranty?
Old 11-19-2006, 06:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

watching, and I don't think this will be voiding any warranties.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ignitionr34 wrote:
reviving an old thread!! but i'm got almost all the supplies for the mod cept for the machine screw 4-40, i've only can find a 3/4 inch long one not a 1 inch, would that be fine???? i went to murreys and hompe depot, but they dont' carry one inch!!
I can vouch for the Magic Sliders that Acsilva84 used (Page 2). I did this mod about eight months ago, and it hasn't given me any trobles. The nice thing about them is that they allow for slippage between the Magic Slider and the plastic switch so its not putting any undo lateral stress on it.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Magic Sliders is a good idea makes it much more simpler. I just hope the plastic won't crack after long term use.
So do we heighten the clutch stopper and the disengagement switch by the same amount?
Old 11-20-2006, 02:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i just did this mod and it's awesome, i only drove my car around for a couple minutes to test it out but it seems great so far. i'll post again tomorrow after i drive to work and back with it.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can ya show a pix of the magic slider installed in your car? Please? Thanks
Old 07-31-2007, 01:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think im gonna try this mod out, i hate the long throw of the clutch pedal..
Old 07-31-2007, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I did not realize how old this thread was! Anyway, I pulled this mod off right now. But did a few things different. I didnt tap the hole, I just drilled through it to accommodate a larger bolt. I didnt use an elevator bolt either, just found a bolt with a WIDE head and used that. Used two nuts, a flat washer, and a lock washer. The flat washer and one nut on the "head" side of the bolt, and the lock washer and other nut on the back side. It was kind of difficult to get the nut on the back side, but with patience and skilled fingers I got it to thread. Then it was just a matter of adjustment.

As far as the neutral safety switch goes, I just got a wire tap and squeezed it together (grounding the two wires to each other). I was never for disengaging the clutch to start the car.

Pretty easy install, took all of ten minutes! Gonna let the guys in my club know about this one...

And like someone said, the clutch is now an on-off switch. No middle ground, I love it.

Quick Reply: Clutch Pedal Stop Install