Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 04:08 PM
Founder
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Wow! 1970 Hilux with 87,000 miles in Portland OR

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=160037836549

This truck has been in storage most of its life,was originaly from washington,where my step father bought from the owners widow,he was a retired doctor,they used the truck for there yard work and hauling misc.When he bought it it needed a tune up ,oil change,he fixed a brake,wheel cylinder.it still needs better brakes on the others,and when i drove it i hit brakes hard and,lost some fluid in master cylinder as well as clutch.Now it dosent want to shift..think it needs bled,i will be checkin that out during auction.the carb will eventually need reblt.or new.When you stop running yopu can smell fuel,AMAZZING enough thats about it.the interior is close to perfect,all stock still has NEW CAR wrap on sun visors!!!!!Paint is ORIGINAL and it only has one spot they bruised,it is behind rear wheel drivrs side.fixed but paint is bad.THATS IT besides the little dings and weld bumps they all have..HARDLY ANY RUST small spot in bed front wall[hidden]and the tailgate area has ,some.THis is an awesome collectors truck,I think toyota might want this one back.the miles were original untill he drove it down the odometer froze but mph still works fine.front window has afew spots but all other glass is great.the paint is getting faded i think most will buff out..but it sits as you see with no detailing cosmetic make up,not even tire dressing,the mirror i took off and the put some oil on holes so it would not rust,i still have mirror,but it was not original so i took it off.>those turn signals on the hood were original the first 2 years of production to the United States,Very unique,and so rare i could not even find another like it.Almost rust free this truck should be very collectible.first years of US imports!!! .THE BED HAS BEEN PROTECTED WITH A THICK RUBBER 4 PIECE CUSTOM FIT MAT.... the tires seem to be fine lots of tread.,will try to get some engine pics. it looks very clean....bottom of truck still has dirt from the last time they drove.THIS truck has not been detailed in any way,still got dirt on the floors,in otherwords it is going to be a gem.you just cant find 36 yr old trucks in this condition unless GARAGED,make a great commercial for Toyota...turn signals on the hood make this a very rare unit...Toyota was just gettin in theUS truck business ! 1969 was first year,ive never seen one,this truck has good title and the tags are good till 3/07 i drove last week it is insured liability only.clutch should be easy fix..it works when you pump the pedal a while,i filled master cylinder but was told it needed bled.I am hoping to have someone check it out this week,i will add on if so...